Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Goblins Come to Life!

Alright, so I went and picked up my goblins (at least the beginning of them).  Looks like this is gonna be a pain in the ass, cuz I want units of 24, and the packs come with 20.  So I'm doing conversions and whatnot to make them as efficient as possible.  

I've been writing fluff for them, and basically here it is:
The name of my goblin army is....  
Osama bin Goblin and the Unholy Jihad
Osama bin Goblin is going to be a Lord that I'm going to either make from a template or out of a Goblin warboss.  
It's going to consist of three full command units of 24 night goblins.  One will contain the general, the others will each contain a shaman.
I'm going to have 2 units of 20 Archers (with 1 fanatic each).
Also I will have a couple units of 20 "throw away goblins" each containing 3 fanatics.
I might paint up some spider rider cavalry... still pondering.
In addition to that, I'm going to have 2 Spear Chukkas
Finally, once I reach the higher points (2250 is usually my highest point army)... I would like to incorporate a doom diver.

Obviously this army isn't the winningest Orcs and Goblins build, but as I said, it is for fun.  It will adhere to the theme of Unholy Jihad with all of the fanatics running amok, killing enemies, themselves, and their friends.

So, there ya go.  I'll start adding pics later.  But this is what is complete so far:
  • Goblin Boss
  • 1 Shaman
  • 20 archers
  • 3 fanatics
  • about 30 Night Goblins (the unit with the boss will have spears, and his whole unit is complete)

Til next time, feel free to comment on my army build.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment